As the coronavirus continues to impact dental practices (and businesses all over our country), many dentists are taking this time to improve the efficiency of their practices and create new strategies for saving money. This could mean using more technology or outsourcing different aspects of their business. If you’re looking to increase your dental practice’s bottom line, consider a virtual administrator.
Virtual administrators are highly trained and experienced professionals that typically work for an hourly fee. Dentists who hire virtual administrators benefit because they no longer have to offer health benefits, vacation, or holiday pay to an in-office team member. Additionally, no time is wasted on training, and no money is wasted on payroll taxes or additional computers and equipment.
Virtual Administrators During COVID-19
During this strange time, many dental practices are having to cancel elective procedures and go almost completely virtual. Unfortunately, this could mean dentists are unable to keep employees. So what can you do if you still have insurance claims to review or verify? You certainly can’t do it all on your own, but you can’t afford to keep your office administrator on payroll either.
Hiring a virtual administrator can help cut down on unnecessary costs while still getting the necessary work done. So much so that you may even decide to keep the virtual administrator once everything is back to normal.
Continue reading to learn more about how a virtual administrator can help you during and after the coronavirus pandemic.
Virtual Administrator Services
A virtual administrator can provide the following services:
- Submitting insurance clean claims daily
- Review and/or appeal denied or rejected claims
- Post insurance payments daily with necessary adjustments
- Inquire and verify all patient insurance eligibility and do complete breakdowns
- Creating daily and monthly statements
- Call on any accounts with overdue balances
- Update current insurance fee schedules into your practice management system
- Insurance credentialing for new doctors and doctors that have moved
- Conduct patient recalls and re-care follow up appointments
- Call patients for treatment plan follow-up
At Dental Practice Enhancement, our virtual administrators offer these services and more! Call our office today to learn more.
Who needs a virtual administrator?
For dentists who aren’t sure where additional help is needed, a dental practice consultant company can help evaluate your practice. However, if you have one or more of the following issues occurring, a virtual administrator may be exactly what your dental practice needs.
- Growing list of insurance claims
- Low treatment acceptance rate
- Patients who are due for hygiene appointments aren’t scheduled
- Outstanding treatment plans
- Phone calls not being answered promptly
- Tasks not being completed on time
- Not enough money to hire another team member
Virtual administrators are the best option for completing administrative work. They work outside of your office in a more focused environment, so there is less distraction and more time to complete essential tasks.
When responsibilities like insurance claims, benefits, and eligibility are outsourced, your dental team members have more time to complete other necessary tasks that should be done in the office.
Your patients will also benefit because the dental team members will be more attentive, focused, and approachable. As a result, the patient/practice relationship is strengthened.
Call Dental Practice Enhancement
Our virtual administrators at Dental Practice Enhancement are here to help your dental practice succeed. Contact us today at (833) 373-3678 ext. 1 to learn more.