Dental team building often flies under the radar with the ebb and flow of vacancies and new hires. Despite this natural phenomenon in every practice, solid team building can increase engagement, boost morale, and create connections. Consider these five dental team building strategies if you want to:
- Improve your dental practice
- Build better capacity with your colleagues
- Enhance confidence, collaboration, and creativity in your team
1. Concentrate on Strong Hires
An incredible team consists of incredible people. Thus, it’s crucial to put in the time and effort to find the best talent possible. Fresh out of time and energy? Outsource your next administrator with a trusted administrative company if you don’t have the time or energy. Meanwhile, you can focus on your daily work-related tasks and life outside the office.
2. Continue Education and Foster Growth
The adage is, “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” Yet, new and well-seasoned employees benefit from obtaining knowledge about performing their roles more efficiently. Therefore, investing in administrative and clinical training is investing in the individuals that make up your practice.
3. Define Goals and Plan How to Achieve Them
It’s one thing to point out problems or speak of well-wishes. However, it’s a different (and more challenging) thing to achieve company goals. The roadmap to success is paved with planning, and the more detailed and targeted the plans are, the better.
4. Pencil In Playtime and Fun
Who doesn’t love team-building games? Team building activities help coworkers engage and feel more comfortable with each other. Think beyond cliché games, like “2 Truths and 1 Lie.” Yes, we know it’s a classic. However, it’s nice to switch it up and choose more higher-order thinking activities.
In-Person Dental Team Building Activities
Here are a few face-to-face structured exercises and events that can increase engagement and motivation:
- Ice-Breakers: A quick activity at the beginning of a meeting can help alleviate inhibitions or tension between coworkers and spark conversation.
- Team Building Games: The best team building games foster healthy collaboration, problem-solving, and imagination.
- Recreational Activities: Retreats, trips, or dinners are great ways to learn more about each other in an out-of-office environment.
Virtual Dental Team Building Activities
Good news! Your virtual employees don’t have to miss out on the fun. Every type of employee can feel included with:
- Virtual Games and Activities: A wide range of free and paid games exists for Zoom and other video teleconferencing software programs.
- Pet Shows: Most people love showing off their furry friends when they can! Which pet will win the coveted “Best in Show” title and bragging rights for its owner?
- Trivia Time: Whether quiz your team on work-related or random questions, this is an out-of-the-box way to show what you know. JeopardyLabs and KAHOOT! are engaging websites that can bring out everyone’s competitive spirit!
Also, don’t be afraid to hand over the reins. Empower employees to plan and facilitate fun.
5. Facilitate Ownership and Collaboration
Speaking of empowering employees, giving your employees specific responsibilities and expecting them to do their best is rarely enough. Instead, consider setting up systems that facilitate ownership and collaboration among colleagues. This can help boost productivity and maintain a healthy work environment. Try:
- Role clarification
- Assigning collaborative projects
Find Out More About Our Dental Team Building Services
In short, practice success doesn’t happen by itself (or overnight). You need a well-trained and highly motivated dental team to take your practice to the next level. Find out how you can build a better team with Dental Practice Enhancement, call (833) DPE-FOR-U or contact us online.